Port of Egypt has been serving local and visiting boaters for over 70 years, evolving from its early years as a boat renting mecca on Long Island's East End to an award-winning, full-service marina and Grady-White dealership.
Founding brothers William Lieblein Sr., Herb and Herman Lieblein discovered the idyllic waterfront location in the early 1940s and launched Port of Egypt Marine in 1946. Soon it was bustling with eager fisherman who would line up outside the fishing station on Southold Bay long before the sun bobbed up onto the horizon. They bought worms packed in white eclair boxes lined with seaweed and rented wooden boats with outboard motors. There were so many different nationalities represented that POE was often referred to as the "United Nations."
As youngsters, William’s children -- Bill (CEO), Peter (retired), Marlene (retired), and Elisa (President until she passed away in 2014) -- learned about fishing and boating while helping others enjoy the local waters.